Beautiful eyes worth dying for, amazing features that won’t allow eyes to get off you, long and vibrant hair, great dressing sense that labels you as a fashionista, and a body obtained after sweating for hours at the gym that’s capable of making heads turn; that’s all that a girl can ever ask for. But something, which at times tends to steal away the charm, are those thin lips. Lips that are not voluptuous enough sometimes makes you sigh longingly when you look in the mirror, especially when it’s high on the trends’ list. Many of us, including famous celebrities, are opting for expensive solutions like injections, fillers, and surgeries. You can obviously opt for them, right? But, have you ever thought of the surgeries that have gone wrong? The ones that might end up making “looking in the mirror” more agonizing? So, it would be better to avoid it and follow the natural route to accomplish your goal of having plumper lips adding more grace to your glamor. This is why we have brought to you 20 amazing homemade DIY lip plumper recipes to make your dream of having appealing lips come true.
How Do These Recipes Work?
The secret to plumper lips within these DIY recipes is, “more irritation.” Sounds frightening? Well, here we are not referring to allergies as irritation; not at all. The irritation here is just to add some volume to your lips. The ingredients added in the lip plumpers have a vasodilating effect. This widens the blood vessels and blood circulation to those particular spots, thus, adding volume to your lips (1).
DIY Natural Lip Plumper Recipes
Now that you know how these ingredients act on your lips and make them plump, you might be eager to know what the recipes are. If you are fine by the little irritation that these DIYs might cause, you can read further for the amazing recipes to naturally plump up your lips.
1. Lip Plumper with a Kick of Spice
If you are looking for any natural DIY recipes for plumper lips, here is the first one. To begin with, we have a simple recipe, which will be ready for application within just 5 minutes.
What do you Need?
- Carmex – This waxy substance will give a thick base to your recipe, which will be thin due to the presence of essential oils. Also, it is a menthol compound that would enhance the overall effects of the recipe, reduce the irritation, and it has analgesic effects. You can replace the Carmex with a lip balm containing menthol or camphor that you generally use.
- Cinnamon oil (½ Teaspoon) – This is the ingredient with an exotic aroma. It is also the one that will be getting our task done.
- Clove oil (½ Teaspoon) – Do you remember that slight irritation thing? Well, that’s what clove oil will do to your lips. Slightly irritating your lips to give your lips that voluminous look.
- Cayenne pepper (½ Teaspoon) – Well, this spicy kick also works similarly to cinnamon. The initial amount of cayenne should be less so that you don’t just start hating the recipe at the first instance.
- Vitamin E Oil – This ingredient serves two purposes. Besides giving back the moisture sucked in by the essential oils and cayenne pepper, it also ensures long-term effects of the recipe.
- A heat-resistant mixing bowl, which can be placed within a pot.
- A small pot, large enough to hold the mixing bowl within itself.
How to do it?
- Fill the small pot with water up to half of its volume. Place it on the stove with medium flame. Heat it until it starts forming bubbles. Keep a note that you don’t have to boil it.
- Place the mixing bowl in the pot.
- Empty the tube of Carmex into the bowl. Don’t throw the empty tube. We are going to use it later.
- Let it melt and then take the mixing bowl off the stove.
- Stir the molten Carmex and add the cayenne powder to it. Mix the constituents well.
- Add cinnamon and clove oil to the concoction, followed by few drops of vitamin E oil and stir it.
- Next, grab the empty tube of Carmex or a small lip balm container. Pour the mixture into it. Allow it to cool. You can let air cool it naturally or place it in the refrigerator for some time.
After cooling, you can use this DIY lip plumper by Top Beauty Brands to get the lips that are fuller. Also, make a note that you can alter the amount of cayenne pepper according to the sensitivity of your lips. This lip plumper might also cause your lips to dry. So, just apply some lip balm.
2. Lip Plumping Scrub with Olive Oil and Cinnamon
This DIY recipe by Poppy Juice is the next addition to our list if you are wondering how to get plumper lips.
Collect the Ingredients:
- A mixing bowl
- Olive oil (1 tablespoon) – For moisturizing
- Powdered cinnamon (1 teaspoon) – To enhance the plumping effect.
- Salt or sugar (1 tablespoon) – To make the concoction coarser.
- A lip balm container
Use the Ingredients
- Take the mixing bowl and start preparing the blend of ground cinnamon and olive oil.
- Add the sugar or salt to it and stir well to add. This will transform the mixture into a thick, smooth paste.
- Transfer it to the lip balm container.
- Take some amount of the scrub and massage it onto your lips for about 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse it with water and pat dry. Just apply some lip balm thereafter and prepare to flaunt those stout lips.
The scrubbing process of this increases the blood circulation to the area.
3. Plump with Cinnamon and Add moisture with Lip Balm
Well, this lip plumping recipe by The Beauty Department will add volume to your lips with just two ingredients.
What do you need?
- A small plate
- The same activating agent that we used in the previous recipe, cinnamon powder or oil (whichever is your favorite of the two.)
- Lip balm
What you have to do?
- Transfer some lip balm onto the small plate enough for a single application.
- Add some powdered cinnamon powder or some drops of cinnamon oil to it. The amount depends on your preference.
- Mix both the ingredients well.
- After mixing well, massage the paste onto your lips and then wipe it off.
- Apply some of your favorite lip balm to lock in the moisture. You can also opt for your most-loved lipstick to paint the canvas of your lips in your favorite color.
4. DIY Lip Plumper with Ginger and Peppermint
The benefits of ginger and peppermint are known to almost all of us, but did you know that it can be added to our lip plumpers to stimulate the process? Let’s see it practically.
Following is the list of ingredients that you will be needing:
- Ginger powder (1/3 teaspoon)
- Cayenne powder (½ teaspoon)
- Cinnamon powder or oil (1/3 teaspoon)
- A drop of peppermint oil
- Olive oil (1 teaspoon)
- Mixing bowl
- Spatula or a mixing aid
Once ready with the stuff, get, set, go:
- Just add cayenne powder, ginger powder, cinnamon powder, and peppermint oil in the bowl.
- Give it some stirring and add some olive oil to it.
- Form a fine paste by stirring again.
Now, take some of this mixture and apply it to your lips. Continue massaging for about 20-30 seconds and allow it to rest on your lips for about 3-5 minutes. Wipe it off thereafter and apply your favorite lipstick. By the way, did you observe the results? Well, do make time for thanking the ingredients for teasing the skin and giving you the plumper lips.
5. Plump your Lips with Cinnamon and Petroleum Jelly
We are going to make another lip plumper using the most common kitchen ingredient along with our all-time favorite moisturizer, a petroleum jelly. The petroleum jelly brand used by people at Style Craze is the popular brand, Vaseline. You can, however, select any one of your choices.
So here we go with the list of ingredients:
- Cinnamon sticks (2-3) or cinnamon powder (1 teaspoon)
- A toothbrush
- Small container to mix the ingredients
- Wash your hands well and apply some Vaseline to your lips.
- Grind the cinnamon sticks to form powder. You need not go hard making it fine. The coarser form is what does the trick well. Don’t you want to exfoliate your lips well?
- Now transfer some Vaseline onto the plate and sprinkle some cinnamon powder over it. You can also use cinnamon oil instead. Mix the ingredients well.
- Once the paste is prepared, take your toothbrush. Don’t worry; we aren’t beginning with brushing our teeth. Take some mixture onto your brush and use it for massaging the lips. Ensure that you move the toothbrush in a circular motion.
Having done that, leave it for 60-120 seconds, and rinse it off. Apply lip balm in case you feel your lips are lacking moisture.
6. Cinnamon Oil for Glamorous Pouty Lips
Cinnamon? Again? Yes. This food flavoring agent is one of the constituents that you will find common in almost all the recipes, mostly because spices spice up our lips.
Just grab the following items and begin:
- Vitamin E oil. You can also use olive oil instead.
- Cinnamon oil
- Mixing bowl
- Lipstick brush
- Take a small mixing bowl and pour 2-3 drops of cinnamon oil in it. Add a bit of Vitamin E oil to it.
- Stir the solution using the spatula.
- Apply the amalgamation to lips using a lipstick brush. Let it stay for some time and wipe it off.
Compliment the fuller appearance with lip gloss, lip balm, or lipstick of your choice. You will now be ready to show-off those pouty lips with this amazing recipe by Barbie Beauty Bits.
7. Sugar and Spice Plumper for Fuller Lips
This is one more lip plumper added to our list due to its potent lip-plumping action. However, you should not do it often as it might also cause your lips to dry and make them prone to scaling.
- Soft toothbrush
- A small bowl for mixing
- Some cotton buds
- The base oil of your choice, which can be olive oil, coconut oil, or might be avocado oil.
- Sugar, or alternatively, an ingredient having a coarse structure for scrubbing such as salt or baking powder.
- Powdered cinnamon. You can also use cinnamon oil as an alternate.
The lip plumper recipe using above contents by eHow goes like this:
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil to the mixing bowl. Mix some ground cinnamon to it and stir until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste to the lip and massage it with your fingers. Make sure that you wash your hands well before starting.
- Let it stay on the lips for a while.
- Use cotton buds to wipe off the mixture gently off your lips.
It is recommended to get your lips free of that dry and scaly appearance before application of the plumper. You can do it with the same ingredients that you use for the plumper. All you have to do is, form a fine paste by mixing the oil and sugar or baking soda together. Transfer some mixture onto the toothbrush and use it for massaging the lips. It would aid the removal of dead skin cells, and remove the left-over particles of the paste using cotton buds.
8. Lip Gloss Lip Plumper
Ladies, this recipe by Fresh Mom My Blog is the easiest one of all the recipes. Even though you might get doubtful on going through it, this is going to be real fun, giving your lips a plumper and fresher appearance.
So, get some peppermint oil and your favorite lip gloss. Now, pour some peppermint oil to your bottle of lip gloss. This blend of two will get you amazing results every time you apply it. The active ingredient of this recipe, peppermint oil, is an essential oil. Essential oils instantly affect the pulse rate and circulation of the blood. This aids the lips to get volume and appear fuller. Even though it does not have a permanent effect, the best part of this plumper is that you can carry it wherever you want. So, you always have a scope of touch up.
9. Spicy Lip Plumper with Gloss
So now, we are going to add spices to your lip gloss to turn it into one of the best lip plumpers. Let’s get going.
What you’ll need
- You favorite lip gloss from the shelf
- Pure essential oil of peppermint
- Cayenne pepper powder. Just a pinch of it to add enough spice.
The recipe of this lip plumper by our buddies at My Awesome Beauty is here:
- Open your bottle of lip gloss and add about 3-6 drops of peppermint oil to it.
- Add the pinch of cayenne powder.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Administer it to your lips to get effective outcomes.
10. Essential Oils to give you Essential Plump
Well, essential oils are amazing alternatives to try for a lip plumping effect. As soon as they come in contact with your skin, they tend to tease your skin to boost the blood circulation and increase the pulse rate. Amazing, isn’t it?
The list of requirements is as follows:
- A tablespoon of petroleum jelly (we are using Vaseline for our preparation here)
- Essential oil obtained from peppermint
- Essential oil obtained from wintergreen
- Our “all-time favorite,” cinnamon oil
- A small jar or container
- Transfer some petroleum jelly into a small jar.
- Add the essential oils drop-wise.
- The amount of essential oils you add should be equivalent to the amount of pertoleum jelly. You can alter this amount according to your requirement, but just a little bit.
- Mix all the contents well and form a smooth paste.
This powerful combination of essential oils works wonders within a few minutes. Another recipe for using essential oils for lip plumping has also been shown by our friends at My Awesome Beauty.
11. Beeswax for Lip Plumping
The natural wax obtained from the honey bees can be combined with other ingredients to give your lips that sensuous transformation. You’ll require following ingredients for this recipe:
- Beeswax (1 teaspoon)
- Olive oil (5 teaspoons)
- Cinnamon oil (½ teaspoon)
- Lip balm container
- Vanilla extract (only, if you want to add)
- A mixing bowl
Let’s go through the procedure given by My Awesome Beauty:
- Pour some beeswax and olive oil into the mixing bowl.
- Allow the ingredients to melt.
- Mix the other ingredients such as cinnamon oil and vanilla extract well to form a smooth paste.
- Transfer the mixture to the lip balm container.
- Let it cool.
After cooling, you can apply it to the lips as the lip balm you use regularly. You can let it stay or rinse it off as you like.
12. The Peppery Lip Plumper
Love spicy food? Well, it’s the time to add some spice to your lip plumping recipe. Sounds frightening, doesn’t it? Let’s close our eyes and imagine those fleshy lips; isn’t it motivating? So, let’s begin now by looking at the stuff you will need:
- Olive oil
- Cayenne pepper or its powder
- A small plate
- A tool to crush
- A spatula for mixing the ingredients
Let’s begin with preparation now:
- Pour a bit of olive oil in the small plate.
- Take the pepper and crush it. You can also use powdered cayenne pepper instead.
- Mix both the ingredients. Apply the plumper to your lips and observe the reaction of your lips to it.
You can also use water instead of olive oil as our friends in Style Knot have done.
You can adjust the amount of cayenne pepper within the limit you can bear. Don’t add too much of it just assuming better results. It is only required to give that slight tingling sensation to your lips, so a small amount is also enough.
13. Buttery Lip Plumper
Cocoa butter can be of great help for adding volume to your lips along with moisturizing. This rich fat derivative has emollient properties, which protect your lips and supply the required moisture to the lips. So, let’s prepare another DIY lip plumper like the one prepared here.
List of Ingredients
- Raw cocoa butter (1 tablespoon)
- Olive oil or almond oil (1 teaspoon)
- Essential oil of cinnamon
- A small container
- Begin by adding some raw cocoa butter into the mixing bowl.
- Let it melt and mix some almond oil to it.
- Add about 5-8 drops of cinnamon essential oil to the paste.
- Mix it well and transfer it to the lip balm container.
- Apply it to your lips. Letting it stay or washing it off is entirely your choice.
Here, we have found a potent replacement for petroleum jelly. The advantages that our substitute offers is that it aids the easy application of oil and its exotic aroma. You can simply experiment with the amount of cinnamon oil by adding it dropwise.
14. The Colorful Lip Plumper
Okay ladies, grab your favorite shade of lipstick and get ready to prepare a home-made lip plumper as these guys have done here.
What you’ll need
- Lipstick of your favorite shade (try getting an organic one)
- Petroleum jelly or cocoa butter
- Cinnamon oil
- Almond oil
- Lip balm container
- A heat-resistant mixing bowl
How to use these?
- Take the mixing bowl and add some petroleum jelly to it.
- Next step is going to be somewhat heartbreaking. So, hold your breath and cut some part of your lipstick. In case, it is difficult, draw some motivation from your fuller lips. The longer the piece, the higher will be the pigmentation.
- Now place this bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir the hot and melted contents well.
- Add some cinnamon essential oil and almond oil to it. Mix it well again.
- Empty the mixture into the lip balm container before it cools.
- Keep it in the fridge to aid faster cooling.
After cooling, apply some to your lips and observe that magical transformation. The best part of this recipe is that you can get a lip plumper at home, that too of the shade you want, and may as well let it be nude if you don’t want any.
15. Lip Plumper with Lip Gloss and Sweetness of Honey
Honey, the sweet and delicious, honey. Gets your mouth watering? Well, it’s time to come out of that amazing taste reverie. So, here is the list of essentials for this recipe by The Socialite’s Closet:
- Coconut oil (1 tablespoon.) The essential element of many cosmetic preparations is here too.
- Pellets of beeswax (1 tablespoon)
- Base oil like olive oil or almond oil (2 teaspoons)
- Raw honey (1 teaspoon)
- Cinnamon oil (Enough to get 2-3 drops)
- A double boiler
- A small glass container
Let’s begin with the preparation:
- Turn your stove onto low flame and place your double boiler on it.
- Add some coconut oil and beeswax to it .
- Mix the ingredients well until both of them have melted.
- Take the double boiler off the stove once both the constituents have mixed well.
- Add some olive oil and almond oil to the mixture.
- Mix some honey and cinnamon oil to it.
- Stir the mixture well to form a smooth solution.
- Empty the paste into the glass container.
- Allow it to cool.
Apply the mixture to the lips and observe the reaction of your lips to it. The best part of this recipe is the presence of coconut oil, honey, and beeswax. This amalgamation of great moisturizers not only gives you the required moisture, but also adds gloss to the lips.
16. Anise Oil for Giving Your Lip the Plump
Anise is a herb known for adding a little spice and a delicious aroma to your dishes. Well, we are now going to add up this spice to your natural lip plumper to spice up your lips for that enviable plump.
List of Ingredients
- Beeswax (2 teaspoons)
- Coconut oil (2 teaspoons)
- Sweet almond oil (2 tablespoons)
- Anise oil ( 2 drops)
- A heat-resistant mixing bowl
- Small glass container
- Pour some coconut oil in the bowl and add some beeswax to it.
- Place it in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Take the bowl out once the ingredients have been melted. Add some almond oil along with anise oil to it.
- Make sure that your continue stirring while mixing one constituent after another.
- Empty the mixture into the small glass container.
The DIY lip plumper will be ready for application now.
17. The Sugary Scrub Lip Plumper
So, now we are going to use sugar for preparing a lip scrub that is going to gift you great pouty lips.
- Granulated sugar (2 tablespoons)
- Powdered cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
- Essential oil of cinnamon (Enough to give you 3 drops)
- Coconut oil (1 tablespoon)
- Vitamin E oil (½ teaspoon)
- Small lip balm container
- Small mixing bowl
- Take a clean, small mixing bowl and add granulated sugar to it.
- Pour in some coconut oil, 3 drops of cinnamon oil, and an equal amount of vitamin E oil to it.
- Mix the ingredients well to obtain a smooth paste.
- Once you get a smooth paste, transfer it to the small lip balm container.
- After the mixture is dried, apply it to your lips while massaging in a circular motion. You can either do this with your fingertips or grab a toothbrush for the same. Once done, wash it off using water and pat dry. The natural lip plumper, hence prepared by Food Fun Family, not only adds volume to your lips, but also moisturizes and exfoliates them. You can complement the fuller appearance of the lips with your favorite lip gloss or lipstick.
18. Lip Exfoliator Lip Plumper
Can there be anything better than a lip plumper, which also exfoliates your skin? Apparently, your wishes have been answered. So, without wasting any time, let’s begin.
- Ground sugar (½ teaspoon)
- Powdered cinnamon (½ teaspoon)
- Honey (1 teaspoon)
- Small glass lip container
- Small mixing bowl
- Take the mixing bowl and add all the constituents.
- Stir the mixture unless you obtain a smooth paste.
- Once ready, transfer the paste to a small lip balm container as done by people at Msquinnface.
- Apply it onto your lips while massaging gently in a circular motion. You can either use a toothbrush for the scrubbing or use your fingertips for the same.
19. Lip Plumper Balm from the Blend of Essential Oils and Beeswax
Having known so many advantages of essential oils, this one is another DIY recipe for plumping your lips by Beauty Natural Secrets. While essential oils will give you the plump, beeswax will moisturize your lips.
Ingredients to Collect:
- Peppermint essential oil (3-4 drops)
- Wintergreen essential oil (2-3 drops)
- Cinnamon essential oil (2-3 drops)
- Small mixing bowl
- Small glass container
- Add some beeswax to the mixing bowl, and place it on the stove on low flame.
- Take the bowl off once the beeswax has melted.
- Add 3 drops of peppermint oil, 3 drops of cinnamon oil, and 2 drops of wintergreen oil to it.
- Mix the contents well using a spatula or another mixing aid.
- After obtaining a smooth paste, transfer the ingredients to a glass container.
Just use this lip balm as your regular one. You can modify the amount of essential oils depending upon your requirement.
20. Lip Plumper Using Shea Butter
Shea butter is a fatty substance obtained from the nuts of Shea tree and has an off-white color. It is a great moisturizing agent and provides softness and smoothness promptly on the application. So, for our next DIY lip plumper recipe by Beauty Natural Secrets, we are going to combine the benefits of Shea butter with essential oils to obtain voluptuous lips.
- Shea butter (1 tablespoon)
- Cinnamon oil or clove oil (5-7 drops)
- Mixing bowl
- Small glass container
Using the Ingredients:
- Melt the Shea butter in the mixing bowl.
- Once melted, add 5-7 drops of cinnamon oil or peppermint oil to it.
- Mix them well and transfer it to the glass container once done.
Some Helpful Tips
Okay ladies, here we are done with the natural DIY recipes for plumper lips. A smile is one of the most attractive features of your face and these natural lip plumpers will not only make your lips fuller but also add more grace to your smile. Before concluding this article, here some valuable tips to help you more:
1. Slough off your Skin
We all admit that chapped skin, especially on the lips, is a big spoiler to our looks. This is why exfoliating becomes a must. You can just massage a good moisturizing balm onto your lips using toothbrush once in a week and slough off that layer of dead skin cells.
2. Boost the Level of Collagen
The lip plumping agents should be applied at least twice in a day. This boosts the level of collagen in the lips, thereby making them voluminous.
3. Irritation is Good
We at least know now that higher the irritation, higher the plumping, right? So just swipe a layer of a plumping lip gloss across your lips, or maybe some of our DIY recipes with the kick of spice. Tingle your senses of your lips and add the cherry of plump to the icing of your beauty.
4. Game of Shades
Make a note of it ladies, prefer lighter shades over the dark ones. All because light things appear big.
5. Illusion as a Tool
We can as well create an illusion of voluptuous appearance. Simply add more gloss to the highest points of your lips to create a three-dimensional effect. It will help you to a great extent.
We truly hope our DIY recipes and tips will prove really fruitful to you. Also, remember that you are not going to get “Angelina Jolie” or “Kylie Jenner” type of lips at the first instance. So here, the key is “Patience.” Be patient and let the recipes do the talking through the sensual transformation of your lips. The effect of these natural DIYs might not last that long, but these are the ones you can definitely try for that “Don’t have the time to get ready” type party or maybe a surprise date with your man to make him go mad.
- Homemade Facemasks for Acne
- DIY Peel Off Face Masks
- Home Remedies to Getting Rid of Hickeys
- How to Get Rid of Acne Scabs Naturally
- How to Get Rid of Gray Hair
- How to Get Rid of Toothache
- Fordyce Spots on Lips Treatment
- Home Remedies for Vaginitis (BV)