If you have trouble waking up in the morning, if you face extreme tiredness in the afternoon, and are unexpectedly energetic in the evening, chances are that you might be suffering from adrenal fatigue. It might be possible that your physician is unable to diagnose it, but that’s probably because it was not a part of their training. But the fact of the day is that you may have adrenal dysfunction at the root of your problems, and you desperately are in need of some medical help and that too, immediately, before you succumb to this syndrome. Since most of the doctors would not be able to treat it in the most efficient and effective manner, you will have to self-diagnose and help your own self against this mammoth of a disorder. And for that, you may need a few home remedies to treat adrenal fatigue.
What Is Adrenal Fatigue?
Before we can enlist ways of curbing it, we have to learn what the term “adrenal fatigue” actually entails. It is the name in alternate medicine given to a kind of an adrenal dysfunction, which is caused by stress, infections, and other such medical conditions. It may be brought upon on you by physical, emotional, or mental stress. The extent of the stress is so much that it starts to mess up with your body’s other systems. This results in further increased stress levels, feeling of exhaustion even after a long good night’s sleep, an imbalance in hormones, concentration going haywire, cravings for certain kinds of foods, a weakened immune system, and many more other symptoms.
It is very obvious to us that stress can kill. But more than that, it can make your life, and the lives of those around you, a living hell because of the inability to cope up with such an overwhelming situation. Treating adrenal fatigue is no easy feat, and you will realize that as you read further.
What makes it even more fatal and dangerous for the person suffering is that the medical world does not recognize adrenal fatigue as a valid medical condition. This may be because of what the concept behind this syndrome says. According to that, there are hormone secreting parts in our body called the glands. And the glands, which are responsible for our moods and handle all kinds of stress that our body goes through are called adrenal glands. They are primarily responsible for secreting adrenaline and cortisol. Cortisol is the hormone, which is the body’s first response to stress and low blood sugar concentration.
So according to the concept, due to increased stress, the amount of cortisol required by the body increases, thus, putting more stress on the adrenal glands to fulfill the requirement. But after a point, they become incapable of providing what is needed by the body. The body reacts to this with increased amounts of fatigue at unexpected times. But since, there is not much scientific evidence to support this, the medical community denies the existence of adrenal fatigue and its treatment. This is also why many doctors and physicians you come across do not have training that includes the symptoms and treatment of the adrenal fatigue syndrome. Before we figure out how to treat adrenal fatigue, we have to first learn how to pinpoint that you or someone you know might suffer from adrenal fatigue.
Symptoms Of Adrenal Fatigue
Although there is no set list of symptoms as they change from person to person, there are a few major symptoms that act as indicators of the condition. Following is a list of the symptoms that could mean that a person is suffering from adrenal fatigue syndrome.
- Blood Pressure- High or low blood pressure could be the first sign of adrenal fatigue, and you must be aware of these. Low blood pressure can also lead to dizziness.
- Difficulty Getting Up- It might have come to your notice that no matter how early you sleep every night, you still wake up tired and wanting to sleep more. If you are having trouble getting out of bed almost every morning, despite having a good night’s sleep, it is highly likely that your sleep cycle is disturbed and that you are suffering from the adrenal fatigue syndrome.
- Energy and Fatigue- Experiencing a low energy level during the crucial hours of the day can usually be the onset of aging. But it might also be true that stress is playing a major role in it. If your stress has reached a level where it is becoming harder to complete the day, and you rely on coffee to help you, then you are under adrenal fatigue. Also, fatigue is obviously a symptom too.
- Inability To Cope with Stress- Stress is a major contributor to adrenal fatigue. And if you feel that even a little bit of stress overwhelms you very much, be it physical or mental, it might be because your adrenal glands are not able to produce enough cortisol to help you cope.
- Salt Cravings- Due to tired adrenals, our body loses the capacity to maintain levels of certain essential minerals, and they are excreted or urinated out of the body. And to maintain the levels of substances like sodium, potassium, and magnesium, our body gives us signals that can be interpreted as salt cravings.
- High Energy Levels in the Evening- Cortisol usually is at its peak point early in the morning. But in people suffering from adrenal fatigue, the morning cortisol level is surprisingly low, reaching highs in the late afternoon and early evenings. People usually confuse it with increased productivity in the evening, but it is actually a signal of adrenal fatigue. This, however, also results in insomnia.
- Dependence on Sugar and Caffeine- Adrenal fatigue is usually marked by sudden lows in energy levels throughout the day. And at this point, many feel that a sweet, steaming cup of coffee will do wonders with their energy levels. But the difference in the occasional cup and continuous use of coffee is what adrenal fatigue is. Relying on these products to give you an energy boost only worsens the situation.
- Weakened Immune System- Cortisol exhibits an anti-inflammatory effect that keeps the immune system up to date. Imbalance of cortisol level may cause the immune system to weaken. Now, this may be an alarming situation for your body.
- Body Weight Imbalance- Adrenal fatigue causes a sudden imbalance in weight. Sufferers find it easy to increase weight but it becomes extremely difficult to shed it.
- Lack of Concentration- As mentioned earlier, the hormone cortisol is responsible for fighting stress experienced by a person. Increased stress and an incapable set of adrenal glands may result in a span of low or zero concentration. This may prove to be a huge hindrance in the completion of your daily tasks.
- Depression- Stress is the onset of depression. If you are under too much stress, it might result in depression. This entails a huge probability that it will be a little too overwhelming for the adrenals. Overworking of the adrenals will tire them, which is the root cause of adrenal fatigue.
If you, or anyone you know, shows any of the above symptoms, along with some of the minor symptoms like pain in upper back or neck, feeling light-headed, reduced libido, lethargy, food or inhalant allergies, thinned skin, etc, it is high time to see a physician because the chances of suffering from adrenal fatigue are very high. And honestly, it does not look like an “okay” sort of a condition to live with. But the silver lining is that there are many ways to cope with this. You will find various articles on “how to fix adrenal fatigue,” but the ones mentioned below come with scientific backing.
How To Treat Adrenal Fatigue At Home Naturally?
The basic coping mechanism is divided into three categories.
- Adrenal fatigue support diet
- Healthy lifestyle for managing adrenaline
- Adrenal supplements
The home remedies enlisted below are a part of one of the above three categories.
Home Remedies to Treat Adrenal Fatigue:
1. Balanced Meals
Physical stress happens because the body is not getting the correct amount of nutrients that it needs to function. When there is a deficiency of something vital to the body, you can feel it in the way you do your daily work. That strain and pain that you feel is what people normally call physical stress. The best way to counter it is by including everything that is essential in a balanced way. Studies suggest Paleo diet to be really beneficial so you don’t have to go through instances of low-sugar and low-inflammation. Keep proteins a little high in the breakfast along with healthy fats. You can use clarified butter, coconut oil, pastured egg yolks, and meat fed on grass. Monounsaturated fats, which are easier for the body to absorb, must be included in your diet for adrenal fatigue, like from avocado and pure olive oil (1).
2. Vitamin B Supplements
Stress is defined as the internal response generated by an organism, structure, or a system, after experiencing an external load or force that tends to disturb its equilibrium. Using this definition, we can probably make our own definition of workplace stress. It can be simply expanded to “the clash between the demands of the job assigned to the employee and the amount of control that he/she exercises on meeting these aforementioned demands.” The reason for this stress may be anything from the fear of getting terminated or an increased workload in limited time. Research says that chronic stress is responsible for the reduction of Vitamin B6 in the body. It also says that taking supplementation of B6 can also work as a therapy against stress. Also, not just B6, taking a multivitamin supplement of B vitamins can also work wonders in countering workplace stress and for fighting adrenal fatigue (2, 3).
3. Reduce Your Caffeine Addiction
FDA (Food and Drug Administration) released a study that showed that about 80% of adults consume caffeine every day in some form or another. The average amount is around 200 mg of it per day. Caffeine is so popular amongst working people because it gives a short burst of energy, especially when cortisol levels in the body are low. But this makes the consumer addicted to it. And too much of everything is harmful. A study on caffeine and adrenal fatigue proved that consuming about 3.5 mg per kilogram of body weight causes more than 200% of cortisol and epinephrine level, both of which are body’s response to stress. What is more disturbing is that the effect was observed to be the same in both habitual and light users. This suggests that caffeine may increase your stress levels and not decrease them. Also, irregular use of caffeine can cause sleep deprivation, daytime sleepiness, lack of concentration, headaches, fidgeting, and anxiety, etc. So stimulants like caffeine should be avoided (4, 5).
Licorice is the root of the Glycyrrhiza glabra. They are well known for their sweet flavor and are mostly grown in Europe and parts of Asia, like India. They are mostly used as flavoring agents in candies or sweeteners, and also used in some cigarettes to smooth the flow. Also, in some parts of Europe, licorice is dried and ate directly as a mouth freshener. Components of licorice, which are structurally similar to corticoids, bind with them and imitate the process of steroid hormones. This means that licorice can help you alleviate your depression, hence, uplifting your mood. Steroid hormones also regulate your immune system and keep a check on inflammation. You need to take only about 4 grams of dried licorice root powder three times on a daily basis (6).
5. Sleeping The Required Amount
Sleeping is probably one of the most important activities in an entire day. It is important because it is one way we know that can be used for relaxation of the whole body. Lack of sleep is one of the most prominent symptoms of adrenal fatigue, apart from fatigue itself. This state of insomnia can be triggered in many ways. It may be because of caffeine, heightened cortisol levels, or restlessness. But it can cause daytime sleepiness. If you ever feel sleepy in the middle of the day, it may be that your wake/sleep cycle has been altered. Most of us are not acquainted with the scientific fact that we have a defined sleeping cycle of our body. And any disruption in it causes a disruption in time of secretion of cortisol. It may take between several days to weeks to get regular again. Sleep is as important as food and regular physical movement. Sleep deprivation for a prolonged duration of time may make you defenseless against adrenal fatigue (7).
6. Avoiding Hydrogenated Oils
We all know the importance of various oils in our daily diet. But many of you might have the question “what are hydrogenated oils?” Well, hydrogenation is the process through which liquid vegetable oils are turned into solid fat. But partially-hydrogenated oils contain trans fat, which is even more dangerous than saturated fats because they not only increase the bad cholesterol but also decrease the good cholesterol. Partially-hydrogenated vegetable oils are responsible for an increased inflammation while consuming non-hydrogenated vegetable oils lower concentration of causes of inflammation (8, 9). So it is probably time to cut out oils like soybean, canola, and corn. Introduce a few good fats like coconut or olive oil and clarified or organic butter.
7. Indian Ginseng
Indian Ginseng or the winter cherry is a plant belonging to the nightshade genus. It has been used in the field of Ayurvedic medicine for a very long time now. It is considered as a medicinal herb in Yemen to treat wounds and burns. The roots of Indian ginseng are used as a supplement too. But it has many other benefits, one of which includes its capacity to help people suffering from adrenal fatigue. Studies show that Indian ginseng brings up about certain changes in the body, including the blood sugar level and cortisol amounts, which may prove to be very beneficial for people who are stressed. You can take the powdered root of the herb in small amounts (3 grams) two times in a day. The root extracts have been proven to target anxiety and work like an anti-depressant, making it one of the most beneficial herbs meant for adrenal fatigue. You can also take it in the commercially available pills of the herb, either alone or mixed with other herbs (10, 11).
8. Maintaining Blood Glucose Level
Basically, Adrenal fatigue is the dysfunction of glands becoming tired because of too much workload. So when the adrenal hormone levels go low, our body experiences low blood-sugar levels because cortisol plays a very vital role in maintaining them. Even while we sleep, the glucose levels in our blood grow lower until we wake up. But sufferers of adrenal fatigue have it a little difficult. The blood sugar levels go threateningly low because of low cortisol. There is a mechanism in place in our bodies that sends out a signal as soon as the sugar levels go down. This is because glucose is the primary source of energy of all our cells. This alarm is what wakes us out of our sleep suddenly in the middle of the night. So if you are waking up at odd times in the night, say between 1 AM to 3 AM, it may be a signal that your blood glucose level is significantly down. So taking a healthy and light snack might be of huge help, especially something rich in protein, unrefined carbohydrates, and quality fats. Do not drink or eat something sugary, for you will only end up worsening the situation. You can also perform some physical exercises as that elevate the cortisol level of the body (12).
Aldosterone is a major steroid hormone in our body. The main purpose of it is to maintain the sodium levels in the kidneys, salivary glands, sweat glands, and the colon. It is the very center of the system that regulates blood pressure and sodium potassium levels. But the deficiency of Aldosterone causes these elements to be urinated out. As a result of this, one might feel fogginess, tired after exercising, and dizziness on standing up. This may be the beginning of Adrenal Fatigue. It may be easily treated using synthetic aldosterone. Or, after taking the permission of your doctor, you can fill in the gaps by taking salt supplements, such as making use of sea salt (13). You can also make use of vegetables like celery, cucumbers, or fermented vegetables and sea vegetables (seaweeds) as a part of your balanced diet to help maintain the essential mineral levels in your body and to improve use and production of hormones.
10. Chinese Or Asian Ginseng
The Chinese have used this for years to treat fatigue and stress. A research, performed for noting the effects of ginseng, showed that people who take Chinese ginseng found their quality of life to be better than before. Also, people taking supplements with ginseng noted a better living standard than those who take them without any ginseng. Ginseng also falls into the categories of adaptogens, which are supposed to help the body cope with the mental and physical stress. When the stress is taken off, these substances help shut the adrenals quickly. Adaptogens also support the glands by providing more energy to the cells without side-effects. A study on the effects of ginseng on chronic fatigue showed significant reduction of the severity and duration (14, 15, 16). You can take about 200 to 600 milligrams of the powdered form of dried roots of ginseng every day.
11. Essential Oils
Some plants have a specific strong smell or taste, which comes from a specific part of it. It can be the bark, leaves, roots, fruits, flowers, or seeds. This is because these parts of the plant are rich in oils, which are emanating that characteristic scent. These oils are called essential oils as they are extracted as the essence of that plant. We use essential oils for so many different purposes. They are made into fragrances, find uses in cosmetics and soap industries, some are even used for cooking purposes. But the recent developments have shown how they possess medicinal qualities and can be used as cures or remedies. And many of these essential oils are used for relaxation and stress relief. For example, Basil, Peppermint, and Eucalyptus oils possess extremely powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Basil also provides support to the adrenal glands and keeps the body safe from allergen that can harm the heart, muscles, or brain. Similarly like basil, Frankincense, Spearmint, and Balsam Fir essential oils also are known to provide support to the adrenals. On the other hand, oils obtained from Cedarwood, Vetiver, and Lavender are great options to create a relaxing environment (17, 18). How should you use essential oils to cure adrenal fatigue? You can spray them in the air to inhale while sleeping using a diffuser or apply them directly on the skin mixing them with a carrier oil.
DHEA or Dehydroepiandrosterone is a steroid hormone produced in the adrenals, gonads and the brains. It works as a metabolic hormone and as a neurosteroid. Just like cortisol, the levels of DHEA also rise when the body has to respond to physical or mental stress. This rise in the level is responsible for the appropriate response to stress. A study in this field showed that people experiencing stress since a long time have significantly altered levels of DHEA-S, which is a metabolite and a sulfate ester of DHEA, and the ratio of cortisol to it was higher than people with lower stress levels. Another study shows that these changes in the levels of the hormones were not only limited to people with workplace stress. It was seen that similar changes in the hormones were seen in children too, and that is an eye-opening situation. Another study showed that with taking supplementation for DHEA, a rise in the DHEA-S levels was reported along an increased sense of well-being and an enhanced libido (19, 20).
13. Rose Root
Rose root or R. Rosea is a perennial flowering plant found in the arctic regions of Europe including Britain, Asia, and North America. It is used in the food of some parts, cooked like spinach, or eaten raw as part of salads. It has been long used as a part of alternative medicine for various problems. The extracts of rose root have varied properties, especially adaptogenic, stress-relieving, antioxidant, anti-fatigue, and anti-depressive qualities. It rids the body of oxidative stress, which is the disruption of the balance of detoxifying agents and the ability of the body to counteract oxidation. This may be during the fatigue period, which if left unattended, will lead to oxidative damage. Also, rose root is helpful in maintaining the levels of neurotransmitters by preventing the cause of their degradation. For best results, you should take about 100 to 300 mg of rose root extract daily to cope up with adrenal fatigue (21, 22).
14. Vitamin C
Vitamins are vital for our survival, as much as proteins are. The body requires Vitamin C to form and maintain connective tissues with the inclusion of bones, skin, and blood vessels. It helps in the repairing and regeneration of body tissues, absorption of iron, decrease in cholesterol, and is a great source of antioxidants. But most importantly, the body uses Vitamin C for making other vital substances, like the steroids made by the adrenal glands and neurotransmitters that conduct all the signals to and from the central nervous system. When the body is under any kind of duress, stress, both physical and emotional, prolonged illness, or in the aftermath of a major surgery, it feels an urgent, elevated need of vitamin C. The deficiency of it may be a reason for something major, like anemia, and can also cause fatigue (23). Including broccoli, grapefruit, kiwis, oranges, peppers, potatoes, strawberries, sprouts, and tomatoes in your diet will give you ample amount of vitamin C. And if you want, you can choose to take a supplement for vitamin C, but only after consulting your doctor.
15. Chia Seeds
Chia is a flowering plant belonging to the mint family and is most abundantly grown in central Mexico and Guatemala. Historians say that chia seeds were started to be cultivated by humans since as early as the Aztec period. It forms an important part of the cuisines from countries of South America, Mexico, and South western USA. The seeds of the plant or the chia seeds are very useful as an anti-inflammatory measure and are highly recommended for the sufferers of adrenal fatigue. They are rich in zinc, magnesium, antioxidants, and Omega 3 fatty acids (24). You can take chia seeds in the form of a pudding. It is tasty, gelatinous, and brilliantly action-packed. Here is how to make it.
- Bananas- 3
- Peanut Butter- 2 large scoops
- Chia seeds- half a cup
- Hemp seeds- Half a cup
- Almond milk- 2 cups
- Turmeric- a pinch
- Cinnamon- a pinch
If you have any allergies or issues with any of the ingredients, you can substitute them with something of your preference. Simply put all the ingredients in a blender and mix them well. Pour the batter into a small glass and refrigerate overnight. Garnish the pudding with a fruit of your choice that would compliment the taste of the pudding. Enjoy the pudding chilled.
16. Magnesium Supplementation
Magnesium is required by the human body for as many as 300 biochemical processes. It maintains the nerve and muscle function. Magnesium also supports the immune system to maintain its health, keeps the heart rate steady, and helps the bones to stay strong. It regulates the level of glucose in the blood and promotes the formation of proteins to give the energy that the body requires. Researchers are advising to give magnesium as much importance as the vitamins in your food, for they are as vital as sleeping well, to fight adrenal fatigue. The best way to include magnesium in your diet is to eat vegetables. Those dark green veggies that you have developed a dislike against are the best sources of magnesium. Apart from them, bananas, avocados, almonds, beans, legumes, seeds, soy products, and milk are also rich sources. You can also take supplements for magnesium. Research shows that magnesium supplementation shows a significant reduction in daytime fatigue and sleepiness with improvements in sleep patterns. A normal person should consume about 400 to a 1000 milligrams of magnesium. You can chew on some pumpkin seeds to get all the magnesium you need. Or you can take a warm bath with some Epsom salts and absorb magnesium through your skin layers (25, 26, 27).
Acupuncture is an alternative medicine, which finds the cure for certain problems of the body by stimulating points located in certain places. The stimulation is done most often by inserting needles through the skin. It is based on a simple theory that every pain has a point somewhere in the body, which with massaging and stimulation, can be cured or reduced. Although the research on acupuncture is way far behind, scientists agree that it is really beneficial in chronic pains like the lower back aches and neck pain. It is also used to reduce the intensity of headaches and somewhat prevents serious migraine pain. Traditional Chinese medicine uses acupuncture to help sufferers of adrenal fatigue find a cure and get relief by stimulating key points associated with the kidney because the adrenal glands are located right above our kidneys. You can also self-treat yourself using acupuncture in the area between Medial Malleolus and the Achilles tendon. Massage here for 5 minutes in a clockwise manner on each side of the foot, repeating daily for best results (28, 29).
As mentioned before, cortisol is the body’s response to stress, whether mental or physical. But if you are constantly stressed, then the coping mechanism will tire out the adrenals, and the overexposure of cortisol will start affecting your brain, immune system, and other organs. This is what causes the general symptoms of adrenal fatigue. And though you may not completely reverse the effects of stress, you can reduce the toll it takes on your body. And the best way, believe it or not, is meditation. In simple terms, meditation is the practice of training one’s mind to induce a mode of consciousness. There are a wide variety of practices that promote relaxation, build and channel the life energy, and facilitate effortless concentration. Meditation has been around for thousands of years now. There are many forms of meditation, each focused to target certain activity of your body and psyche. It makes the connection with your inner self-stronger. Meditation is proven to reduce stress significantly. It can also push people to make mindful decisions in terms of food. If you are wondering how to cure adrenal fatigue fast, the answer to that lies in meditation. Within two weeks of meditation, you will see a very evident change in your mood and stress level. You will feel inner peace even while you are leading your busy lives. Also, during meditation, your breathing pattern matters a lot. You can opt for any pattern, but the one most recommended for sufferers of adrenal fatigue is the 4-7-8 breathing solution.
- Breathe in deep through the nose for a total of 4 seconds.
- Hold the breath in for a total of 7 seconds.
- Breathe out very slowly from your mouth in a controlled manner for the next eight seconds. Repeat (30, 31).
19. See A Chiropractor
Sometimes, due to the outward movement of the spinal cord in the cervical section, a person can suffer from stress-related diseases. This increases the amount of stress-related hormones to increase in the body. If left unattended for long, this can be the cause of the lowered rate of healing and adrenal fatigue. In such cases, a chiropractor can be of great help. Chiropractors are practitioners of that branch of alternative medicine, which deals with mechanical disorders of the muscle and skeletal system, especially the spine. Chiropractic involves manual therapy of the spine, joints, and soft tissues. A wellness-based chiropractor will assess the situation correctly and bring in corrective measures to make the area stable so you can get some relief from all the stress (32, 33).
A Little Word Of Advice On Adrenal Fatigue
Apart from all the medicines, remedies, and treatments for adrenal fatigue, you should bring about a change in your lifestyle too, for that is one of the three ways to cope up with stress, along with diet and supplements. Here are a few tips to bring about a delightful change in your rather stressed, fast, and busy life.
- Go to bed early. The more you delay, the higher the chances are that you might get an unexpected rise in the cortisol level, which will definitely disturb your usual sleep patterns. This increases chances of daytime sleepiness. Also, a working adult must get proper sleep of a duration of 8 to 10 hours daily. Anything under this mark is putting you in harm’s way because the body does not get ample time to deal with the stress caused in a day.
- Stay hydrated. Dehydration is just another distinguished feature of adrenal fatigue. Keeping yourself hydrated throughout the day is very important if you wish to stay ahead of the syndrome. To make your body absorb more water, add some fresh lemon juice or Himalayan sea salt.
- Include rest in your day. You cannot overwork your body and expect no consequences. Pushing the limits too much is definitely going to result in stress. The last thing you want on your day is more stress. Include at least two sessions of rest in your day.
- Change your perspective. Maybe you are being a little too hard on yourself and your bar of success is maybe a little too high. All this is just going to send your stress into overdrive. Take it a little easy on yourself and change your standpoint of triumph.
- Laugh and do something funny every day. Laughter really is the best medicine, and laughing a bit every day will rid you of some stress. Doing something funny is even better because then not only are you enjoying yourself, but you are making people around you laugh too, creating a stress-free environment.
- Do some moderate exercise. You have to make your body move and maintain a certain amount of fitness about you. Some light exercises, walking, and strolling are more than enough to keep you fit in the long run. Also, do not ever delve into over-training. Doing too much Cardio or endurance training overworks your adrenals. You should instead opt for a more relaxing form of exercise.
- Take counsel. Some incidents in our lives can lead to many traumas that we have no idea how to tackle. And for some of us, seeking help from outside is probably unacceptable. But you have to understand that you are not qualified to take on the situation on your own. Seek help from someone who has experience in these matters.
- Take refreshing walks. Go out and take some of those natural vibes. We are usually surrounded by negative and toxic vibes, to balance which, we should take in some of nature. Walk barefoot on the grass, lie down on it if you want. The motive is to get in direct contact with nature as much as possible, to absorb the nature’s frequency because they are the best natural remedies for adrenal fatigue.
- Listen to some inspirational music. Put on something light, be it classical, meditation, or worship music. These can have a healing effect on your body as they give an unexpected boost to the endorphins and help in forming serotonin. People with adrenal fatigue should avoid loud, hip-hop music as it works against the adrenals, emptying them further.
- Take in some high-quality sun. Do this not only because it boosts up the vitamin D formation, but because the sun also increases the ability of the cells to self-heal and to produce energy. This is how your approach should be to heal adrenal fatigue.
Adrenal fatigue is not a fun situation to be in because of the fact that it is caused by stress. All the fatigue, imbalanced lifestyle, and the addiction to caffeine and other stimulants only causes a further increase in overall stress. This stress will just keep building, which is not in any way beneficial for anyone. There is no easy way to put it, but stress actually kills people and nobody wants to add their name. You should start seeing a doctor as soon as even one of the symptoms starts showing up.